Lufthansa To Trial ‘Green Fare’ In Scandinavia

The airlines of Lufthansa Group are to trial a new “green fare”, which the group claims will include “full compensation” for carbon emissions. The trail includes flights operated by Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian and Brussels Airlines on flights departing Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

Lufthansa’s “green fare” will include 100% compensation for the passenger’s contribution to carbon emissions, according to the airline. 80% of the emissions will be offset through funding climate protection projects, while the remaining 20% is accounted for by the use of sustainable aviation fuels (SAF).

Earlier this week, Lufthansa Group signed an MoU with Shell to receive up to 594 million gallons of SAF

→ Continue reading at Forbes

[ufc-fb-comments url=""]

Latest Articles

Related Articles