A renovation of a pair of brick buildings at Peabody College at Vanderbilt University led by SGA Architects connects the historic structures via a contrasting glass volume. 6 Magnolia Circle, built in 1912, and Mayborn, built in 1914, were built for the University’s George Peabody College for Teachers. SGA, which has offices in Boston and New York, was tasked with renovating 55,000-square-feet of the existing two buildings and designing a 16,000-square-foot structure —referred to as the Connector—that unites the two Beaux Arts buildings. The new glazed insertion houses classrooms, open areas, a cafe, a wellness room, and improves ADA accessibility—a recurring issue on many historic university campuses.
→ Continue reading at The Architect's Newspaper