Just in time for blissed-out springtime saunters (don’t forgot the Claritin), one of the most-visited architectural tourism sites in a Midwestern city famously brimming with architectural tourism sites has emerged from an extensive landscape revamp.
The site in question is the former Columbus, Indiana, home of J. Irwin and Xenia S. Miller, designed in 1957 by Eero Saarinen with Alexander Girard and visionary modernist landscape architect Dan Kiley, who also collaborated with Saarinen on the St. Louis Gateway Arch. A young Kevin Roche, then with Saarinen and Associates, served as senior design associate on the project.
The recently completed landscape refresh entailed three key restoration projects carried
→ Continue reading at The Architect's Newspaper